Monday, March 22, 2010

Different is Great

Have I told you before that I am so into indie at the moment? Well if I haven't told you, now you know it. I don't know since when but I start to listen to indie music recently. I still listening to other kind of music but indie music rules my iPod at the moment. I think there are some reason why I am so into indie music right now. 

Students at my school, especially girls, are so into Korean music. They like boy bands, girl bands, and stuff. Almost all of my friend like Korean music. I like it too, but not as much as my friends. They really really like Korean music. Some of my friends even buy Korean music CDs from eBay, learn how to dance like Korean boy or girl bands, or buy posters of them. They talk about Korean stuff almost all the time. Well, not almost but they often talk about it.

Because of that reason, I want to be different. I like to listen to something that my friends barely know about them. I don't know why but I like it when I told my friend about some band and they don't have any clue who they are. I feel different, in a good way. But that is not the only reason why I start to listen to indie music. I think indie musicians have something that major label musicians don't have. I don't know what it is but I feel it when I hear it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is one of my favorite indie folk band at the moment. They are She & Him. Consisting actress Zooey Deschanel (vocals, keyboard) and musician M. Ward (guitar, production).
Beach, books, and She & Him's songs. Perfect Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment